Staff Picks: James O'Mara


James o'mara
James O'Mara, Third Man In (aka Photoshop wizard)

Here Come the Waterworks coverBIG BUSINESS "Here Come The Waterworks"
CD
Digital
I remember driving around Cali blasting this album on CD-R before release date. It was one of those moments in life when you actually know you are cool, and don't just think it. I still listen to it everyday cause it is that flawless. Plus it features one of my favorite vocalists of all time.


On the lam coverCAVITY "On The Lam"
CDPicture Disc LPDigital
I was late to the game on this gem. All the best elements of any musical genre that features guitars. Plus it features one of my favorite vocalists of all time. It makes me want to rip heads off, yet I can still play it for girls. The title track has the best bass line in music, period.

A Small turn coverHARVEY MILK "Small Turn of Human Kindness"
CDDigital
This isn't so much an album as one long piece of music. Plus it features one of my favorite vocalists of all time. The band states they made this album for pretentious asshole to which I belong to the top tier. I can't wait for HHR to fly me to ATP in ten years so I can hear Harvey Milk play this one in its entirety.


Backsliders coverAUSTERITY PROGRAM "Backsliders and Apostates Will Burn" CDDVD-RDigital
I was going to choose "Black Madonna", but I think this release is better. They took everything I like about them and compacted it into 4 unstoppable jammers, including a song about a cartoon rabbit. Plus it features one of my favorite vocalists of all time. I am always jolted back to reality when the last song ends.


Narcotic Story coverOXBOW "The Narcotic Story"
CDDigital
This one is hard to write about, mainly because I free ridicule. I love all the instrumentation on this album, its so spot on that I am still surprised that the band let us of all people release it. Plus it features one of my favorite vocalists of all time. The lyrics are amazing too. Worth it for the last track alone.


Honorable Mention:

Night terrorHELMS ALEE "Night Terror"
CDLPDigital










If you want to get staff and artist picks (and other news and secrets) sent directly to you, sign up for our newsletter here!

4 comments