Saturday, May 15, 2010

Torche Robbed in Chicago. Update on shows and how you can help.



When we woke up this morning there was a frowny face text from Stevo saying Torche's van was broken into overnight while in Chicago, and piles of shit was stolen....needless to say, it hasn't been a good day for them. We're getting a full listing from them of what was stolen, but the quick rundown is that equipment, guitars, laptops, passports, personal belongings and, sadly, more was taken. They are out with Coheed and Cambria this month, and unfortunately had to cancel tonights show in Detroit, and are also forced to cancel the Canadian dates as well due to passports having been stolen. While C 'n C is in Canada Torche is already sorting out potential DIY gigs in the states...tentatively for Vermont, Providence, and Wilkes-Barre, PA. We will have updates on these (presumably) basement shows the second we get them from the band...(which pretty much means we'll have an update for you an hour before they play the shows;)

Many of you have emailed us and the band about donating to help the band through this stretch. You guys are all sweet and thoughtful, THANK YOU. The band ain't livin' large, and although this Coheed tour is a chance to play in front of a shitload of potential new fans, its still a very hand to mouth touring commitment for them. That's the round about way of saying that these boys could use any love right about now. And also, Ricky could clearly use a shirt.

Donations can be paypal'd to TLCforTorche@gmail.com

Thanks all.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a total drag. $10 sent. It's not much but any little bit helps.

angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
angela schroeder said...

awesome. i was able to donate, but for the less web-savvy people it would help if you made a button or at least a link --


heres a link to your donation page- http://bit.ly/cEJYK4

Anonymous said...

where in chicago was this?

Anonymous said...

they played at the congress theatre in logan square near milwaukee and armitage. i watched their set that night so its so weird that this happened right afterward. i'm not sure if they got robbed where they were parked outside the venue or if they left and went somewhere else.

HOLY MOUNTAIN said...

This totally bums me out. Why does shit like this happen to good people?

Torche has and always will have my full support. To be one of the heaviest, nicest and hardest working bands out there and have garbage like this happen to you is awful. I've seen Torche something like 10 times and no number will ever be enough.

Ill bring you guys some clean underwear @ Cafe Metropolis. :)

Phil (Black lodge) said...

We got them a make up show in Vermont! May 18th at the monkey house in Winooski 30 main st... I have been talking about putting on a show for them every time I see them in Montreal and they always said they were down so I am glad to help them!!!Great dudes and great music.

Will Butler said...

This is terrible! Hard working bands don't deserve this to happen. <3 goes out to these dudes. I'll feed em some awesome food if they stop through Raleigh, NC!

Stephen said...

we will mention where people can support Torche, on our podcast show, www.thetouristtrap.net

we could use a legit link to share, but for now we have the gmail email. Hopefully some people listening can be aware of it and help out

A Resident Chicago Citizen said...

Listen, I live in the Logan Square area not too far from the Congress.
(In fact I pass it up on my way to work every morning)

I've put in an APB around the coffee shops and local bloggers to see if anybody knows anything.

The Congress theater has always been a shady place as management is concerned. My Ex used to bartend for them and has told me some crazy stories. As far as I'm concerned, I'm surprised the place has not burned down yet.

Also the Mexicans around that area can be pretty quick to react to steal shit from people's cars. For some reason, I feel it's an inside job with consideration to the amount of gear pilfered.

My well wishes are with you all.
Good luck and hopefully something turns up. At least the larger ticket items.

Peace.

Anonymous said...

Lesson learned...always park the gig van in a secured area. My van's been broken into 3 times, and been stolen once. $25 on the way...don't have anything that got nicked, or I'd just give 'em my shit. Hope this doesn't dissuade other groups from swinging through chicago. Why doesn't someone make a useful iphone app that shows bands secure places to park?

Local Band Network said...

I just sent $20. Sorry it happened. Even more sorry it happened in my city.

Fitz from localbandnetwork.com

billy white said...

Anonymous - not to be a total dick, but c'mon. Lesson learned? Obviously you haven't learned yours if you've been robbed three times. And an iphone app that would list "secure" parking spots is even dumber. They wouldn't be so "secure" if they were advertised as such, now would they?

Anonymous said...

They had a great set that night in Chicago, I was one of only 20 people who knew their songs but I had a great time. $20 on the way. I'll spread the word

Anonymous said...

also spreading the word here.and good vibes!
resident chicago citizen...."the mexicans"?lil racist.

rxmex said...

I consider that this blog is so good but what is this photo? I don't know what to say because I mean it could be offensive for certain people.