Justin Broadrick Interview @ Brooklyn Vegan





















As a young mullet-headed headbanger growing up in the pre-internet late 80's and early 90's Cape Cod, my only resource for expanding my metal horizons was Metal Maniacs. Sure, I enjoyed the titans of that era (Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, etc) but what I craved was the most vile, lightning fast death metal in the world. Thanks to Metal Maniacs, I was exposed to the likes of Deicide, Napalm Death, Carcass, Entombed,Morbid Angel, Repulsion, Gorguts, Cathedral, Morgoth, and many many more. The one album from that era that immediately blew my mind, and has stayed an important part of my life, is Godflesh's Streetcleaner. To this day the bassy-death-rattle-feedback intro for the lead-off track "Like Rats" still gets me amped.

1 comments